Prep time: 6-8 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
I love granola. Its a great addition to yogurt, trail mix, or on its own as an afternoon snack. If you’re looking for more uses, Food and Wine has an excellent article pointing out both conventional and nonconventional ways to eat Granola. This is a quick recipe that you can always count on as a delicious, healthy snack!
1.5 C oats
1/4 C chopped almonds
2 T chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 T honey
2 T canola oil
1/4 C golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine oats, almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon.
3. Mix honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Remove from heat when bubbles begin to appear around the sides of the pan. Pour over the nut mixture.
4. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Pour granola onto the pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring/shaking at 10 minute intervals. You’ll know the granola is done when it is golden and crunchy.
6. Immediately mix raisins into granola and allow to cool before storing.
What’s my favorite way to enjoy granola? Yogurt parfait! First, mix 2% plain greek yogurt with a dash of vanilla extract and 1 tsp of honey. Sprinkle granola and dried cherries on top. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Explore Lawyer in the Kitchen!