Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 9-11 minutes
Stop everything and make these cookies. They are simply amazing! A friend of mine inspired this recipe with cranberry white chocolate blondies. And I went crazy for them. So when I was thinking of a holiday recipe, I knew I had to turn the blondies into a buttery cookie. Combining my favorite chocolate chip batter with cranberries and white chocolate could not have yielded a better result. The buttery cookie pairs perfectly with white chocolate, and the cranberry gives it an unexpected, delightful bite.
I also love these cookies because they are so beautiful. The hints of color from the cranberry give them a subtle holiday feeling. I decorated mine with cream cheese frosting and red candy. But you could simplify the recipe by dusting them with powdered sugar. Or you can serve them plain, which really isn’t “plain” at all thanks to their elegant look and delicious flavor.
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 C white chocolate chips
1 C fresh cranberries, chopped
3/4 C butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, sprinkle a small amount of flour over cranberries (about 1/2 tsp). This will prevent the color from bleeding into the dough.
5. Mix white chocolate chips and cranberries into dough.
6. Form 1 inch balls/scoops about 2 inches apart. Refrigerate for 5 minutes, then cook for 9-11 minutes. Place on a cooling rack after 2-3 minutes. I lasted about 30 seconds before popping one in my mouth!
And that’s it! These are the ultimate “last minute” cookie. As I said before, you can serve them as-is, dusted with powdered sugar, or frosted with cream cheese frosting. For the frosting, simply combine 4 oz cream cheese, 1.5 C powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp of milk. Pipe onto cookies or drizzle with a spoon.
Hungry for more great recipes? Explore more Lawyer in the Kitchen!